English 9 Literature and Composition
The purpose of this course is to provide integrated educational experiences in the language arts strands of reading, writing, listening, viewing, speaking, language, and literature. The course focuses on the principal areas essential to understanding further development in reading and writing skills and strategies to ensure successful literacy experiences. Students will learn reading strategies to construct meaning various literary, informational, and technical texts, writing process strategies, speaking, listening, and viewing strategies, vocabulary acquisition, impact of language on varied audiences, characteristics of various literary forms, critical and aesthetic response to literature, varied media for basic research.
High School Course Materials
You’ll get textbooks, eBooks, and all study materials for one low price of $299. You also get teacher support, unlimited tutoring and access to the online student community for 24/7 assistance.
What You’ll Study
The purpose of these courses is to provide integrated educational experiences in the language arts strands of reading, writing, listening, viewing, speaking, language, and literature. Focusing on the American Experience, these courses focus on the principal areas essential to understanding through integrated educational experiences in the language arts strands. Emphasis will be on representative American literature, with its varied cultural influences, from the Colonial Period to the present, highlighting the major genres, themes, subjects, and historical influences associated with each literary period. Students will learn reading for meaning through varied texts, elements of literature, analysis of literature from varied literary periods, writing for varied purposes, effective listening, speaking, and viewing strategies, power and impact of language, influence of history, culture, and setting on language, critical and aesthetic response, for research processes.
Your jouney to a better career and a brighter future - Click Here
to Start right away
Discuss with Us
Click Here to request for information, one of our representatives will get in touch with you soon to address all your queries.
Academic Environment and Student Achievement:
- National High School’s courses are designed to challenge our students. Each course includes extensive professional-level readings supplemental to the assigned text or texts, and requires the assimilation and measurable application of large blocks of knowledge.
- Assignments are designed to promote strong critical thinking, analytical, and communicative skills. Each course has been developed and reviewed by multiple field experts, and is subject to regular revision, as the faculty, administration and National Advisory Council deems appropriate.
- In tandem with course syllabi and programmatic development, faculties of the highest caliber (nationally-recruited) select and approve the text or texts and readings for each course.
- Each course (general education courses, core courses, specialized field-specific courses) requires several critical reading/writing assignments (with emphasis on both content analysis and communicative skills), three exams, a comprehensive final examination, with an approved proctor in place. The final examinations are notably challenging, as they require thorough assimilation of ALL course materials.
- Qualified faculty and significant learning resources are in place to facilitate and foster student success: that is the High School’s ultimate objective. At the same time, it befalls the student to produce work worthy of the diploma for which he or she is a candidate and such standards of excellence.